Schnees Pac Boot Rebuild
Schnees Pac Boot Rebuild. Boots- barely alive… Gentleman, they can be rebuilt… We have the technology. We have the capability to fix these boots… better, stronger, faster… There’s a lady at Schnee’s in Bozeman Montana who’s an expert at rebuilding or “rebottoming” their famous pac boots. I recently send my Schnee’s Guide Boots back to have this service performed. Bottoms Up!
Schnees Pac Boot Rebuild Service Q & A
- What is the typical number of times a boot can successfully be rebuilt? We have bottomed boots that were 20+ years old. It really depends on how well the customer cares for their boots. Conditioning on a bi-yearly or more basis is super important.
- Is there a record for the number of times a customer has had a particular boot rebuilt? Not sure, but the condition of the leather makes or breaks it.
- What is the worst condition you’ve ever seen a boots come in for rebuild? Very hard, dry, cracked leather. We do get the occasional “dog ate my boot” which we can patch or replace depending on the amount of damage.
- Is there a particular individual that performs the rebuilds and if so, what is the individual’s name an skill set? We train our staff into this position. There are several steps involved and the longer they are with the company, the more advanced steps are introduced.
- How many rebuilds do you typically perform in a month’s/year’s time? About 1,500 or so.
- Is it easier to build a new boot, or do a rebuild? Rebuild is faster and most of the time easier depending on the condition of the upper.
- Can the customer request any modifications during the rebuild process and if so, are there any typical requests? Other than changing to/from ADV or T/T soles in the same boot style, it is very difficult to make changes.
- What is the typical turnaround time for a rebuild? Usually one week, possibly longer during peak season.
- Do you prefer the customer to leave the lowers attached when sent back or removed? It is best to leave them attached for identification of style and size.
- How much does it cost?
$90 + shipping for tire tread and $100 for advantage bob sole.
Where To Get A Schnees Pac Boot Rebuild
To learn more about the rebuild service, visit http://www.schnees.com/category/schnees-rebuild-program