These terms are effective September 12, 2015
This blog site is written and edited by, Erik Thompson, aka (The Yankee Hunter). For questions about this blog, please contact me.
The purpose of Yankeehunter.com is to provide entertainment and information about outdoors and outdoors pursuits and personalities. Some of the posts on this site include parody and satire. DISCLAIMER: Some of the content on this site, being a mixture of parody, satire, and humor, is for entertainment purposes only.
I accept advertising, sponsorships, affiliate programs and other forms of compensation and doing so helps to generate income, part of which goes to defray the costs of running the site.
The Federal Trade Commission has rules for Disclosure Compliance for online media. These rules are set in place to ensure that readers or viewers of web media (blogs, YouTube videos, etc.) know if the blogger/presenter is sponsored, endorsed or partnered with a different company. In blog terms, the readers need to know if the blogger is making money by sharing a link, product, or service.
In compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume the following about links and posts on this yankeehunter.com:
- Any/all of the links on are affiliate links. This means that if you click on the link and/or purchase goods or services, I will receive a commission. The commission does not change your purchase price.
- If I post an affiliate link to a product, it generally something that I personally use, support and/or endorse.
- I sometimes review products and services that are provided to me for no cost. All of my opinions regarding these items are my own. I only endorse products that are in alignment with my ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers.
- If a post or product or service is sponsored by a company, I will disclose that within the post.
- I may offer my own products and services from time to time from which I earn income as well.
- I run network ads and Adsense. Please contact me if you see ads that are not congruent with the theme of this site.
- If I offer a giveaway, I usually have received a free product to review, and the company has sponsored a free product to give to one of my readers. All giveaways are paid or sponsored by affiliate advertising. The review is my own opinion, and the company in question does not edit or approve it in any way. They also don’t compensate me for reviewing the product beyond providing me with a sample. Giveaways are usually provided as a means of paid advertising.
- Some integrated campaigns for companies include a certain number of tweets or Facebook or social media updates about the company. All comments made in these updates are authentic content and are not intended to misrepresent the product or company.
- AMAZON DISCLOSURE: I participate in the Amazon Services, LLC. Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to: amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.
Health and Safety Disclaimer
This site is for entertainment and educational purposes only. It does not provide medical or safety advice for activities or products including but not limited to food preparation, fitness, exercise, or firearms and archery equipment.
Never disregard professional advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this site. Reliance on any information provided by me or this web site or others appearing on this site at the invitation of Yankee Hunter, or other invited or uninvited visitors to this site is solely at your own risk.
By using this site you agree to these terms.
Terms subject to change at any time.